- Filmhaus Frankfurt’s 20th Anniversary, GRIP Magazine, April 2009. An appreciation of the Filmhaus Frankfurt, an important media center in Frankfurt, Germany, and its importance to the filmmaking community in general as well as to me personally.
- Eingewoehnungszeit (Getting-used-to Period), published in the newsletter of the Wirbelwind daycare center, Frankfurt, Germany, Oct 2009. Article with tips for new parents who were bringing their child to daycare for the first time.
- Mutts Like Me, published in the Expatica online magazine, Jan, 20, 2008. Published on the eve of Barack Obama’s inauguration, a historical and personal perspective on the significance of the first black — and multiracial — president of the United States.
- Anecdotes on the Making of ‘Turbans’, published on www.upperstall.com, a website devoted to contemporary Indian and Indian-related cinema.
- Message from the Director: On the Making of ‘None of the Above’, Bulletin of the 8th Annual Int’l Asian Film Festival, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Culture Clash or Complement, Film review of ‘Mississippi Masala’, Film Quarterly Journal, vol. 46, no. 4, University of California Press, Summer 1993.
- Hochschule Darmstadt, (University of Applied Sciences), Motion Pictures, Media Dept., Visiting Professor / Vertretungsprofessorin, 2015 – 2017.
- Hochschule für Gestaltung, Offenbach (University of Art and Design), Film Department, Offenbach, Germany. Lecturer/Dozentin. Part-time, 2006 – present.
- Filmhaus Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany. Seminar instructor. Part-time. 2003 – present.
- Loyola Marymount University, School of Film and Television, Los Angeles, Professor, Film and TV Production. 1996-2001. Awarded tenure and promotion to Associate Professor in May 2001.